[Farmall] cleaning the f-20

Bill Bains bbains at millenicom.com
Sat Dec 31 10:35:35 PST 2005

The answer to this question is probably obvious, but I'll ask it anyway.  I've finally gotten my F-20 running with a lot of help from the list and the binder bulletin and now I want to get to the rest of the tractor.  The tractor is an older restoration and isn't in too bad a shape but is plenty dirty.  In the old days I had access to a steam cleaner, but since I moved to the country here in northern WA that option is no longer available.  I have plenty of solvent, paint thinner, and simple green along with sponges, wire brushes and rags.  Is this the best stuff to use to clean all those greasy surfaces or do any of you farmall guys have a better idea?

Bill Bains
Port Angeles