[Farmall] Wanted: F-12 or F-14

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 30 19:55:04 PST 2005

Here is my summation---definetly NOT a parts tractor.
Manifold, carb, seat--easy to find. If it had fenders it was an option--I
think repros are available.

I don't know about the single front other than it adds value. I would think
the front tire is available--the 40" rears are the ones that are hard to
come by. Check with M.E. Miller for the front tire availability.

Cutoffs on Farmalls are common. If your rims are bad, get new ones and
replace the ones already welded on.
If you want rear steel and feel adventurous, by all means put the wheels
back together--its been done before. If money is more plentiful than time
you should be able to just buy rear steel, factory rubber, or a good set of
cutoffs. It may take a little effort to locate the parts but thats just part
of the game!

If it were my project the first thing I would do is check out the engine and
see what is frozen/broken/worn beyond repair. Don't know about your
experience with stuck engines but the use of a lot of force almost always
puts a big hole in your hip pocket. I prefer taking them apart instead of
trying to beat stuck parts into submission.
You can get about anything you want for those engines and the parts are
fairly reasonably priced. Magnetos for these tractors are easy to find as
well as easy to get parts for or have rebuilt.

Nice long weekend ahead, ready to start turning wrenches?

John Hall