[AT] Amazing earth shattering event... Charlie

TCHARPE at aol.com TCHARPE at aol.com
Fri Dec 30 13:43:33 PST 2005

        Charlie,

            I've used a Dremel hand grinder to grind down the top of a broken
bolt until
        it was reasonably flat and then center punched for drilling.    If
they aren't flat
        the drill will usually drift anyway.

           I used to use tap removers to remove broken taps ..... they were
usually a pain,
        later we used EDM to burn them out and then cleaned up the threads
using another
        tap.  Worked alot better....cost about  $50.00 per tap but worth it.
Some of these
        exotic materials made that a real cheap process !!!

        Ted