[AT] Northern Tool Sale - Left Hand drills

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Fri Dec 30 07:59:13 PST 2005

> And Farmer, is your story of Scott's success with easeout another one of
> those urban internet myths--will it stand up around the campfire at
> Portland.  Was sitting at the table in the City Cafe in Sonora Tex one day
> with bunch of Texas oilfield hands and a pusher for Sun Oil sat down and
> interrupted the conversation thusly  "Guys, I got to tell you this story
> and it an't no oil field story--it's the real s**t".  It really was
> another oil field story.

Bear,

Shame on you for adding credence to the myth about Ez-Outs actually removing
stuck bolts.  It's definitely an urban myth.  They were never even made for
that purpose... their true purpose was to separate the gullible from their
money.  Any bolt that can come out using one was never twisted off in the
first place.  A sheared bolt or one broken from over stress will come out
much easier using a left hand drill.

The story will definitely generate a few guffaws around the camp fire... all
those guys know better!

George Willer