[AT] OT: Harbor Freight advertising funny

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Wed Dec 28 22:38:15 PST 2005

Farmer's post reminded me of a subject I had been going to bring up...
namely Vise-Grips.  Having tried many brands over the years, I have long
been a believer in buying only the Vise-Grip brand.   However, while doing
some research last week on a couple of types of Vise-Grips I was interested
in, it appears that they have been bought out by Rubbermaid.  They are now
Irwin Vise-Grips.  Irwin Tools appears to be a subsidiary of
Rubbermaid.   It is part of the Newell Rubbermaid Company.  Vise-Grips now
have blue and yellow handle grips on them.  I see that they have already
dropped a couple of types from their line.  I pray for the best, however I
fear that Vise-Grips (like many other companies that have been bought out)
will be turned into a pile of sh$$ and we will have lost another great tool.

Greg Hass
Bad Axe, Michigan
In the tip of Michigan's Thumb