[AT] garden tractor parts

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Dec 28 05:37:45 PST 2005

The LGT 140 is pretty old, and you are going to have a problem finding
parts for it - it is essentially a Jacobsen painted blue. I believe you
might be able to find a new PTO clutch, but expect to pay a LOT for it.
The lift motor is probably made out of unobtanium, and you will probably
have to rig up some kind of substitute - maybe an old style BUD
satellite dish mover assembly...

I had the electric PTO crap out on my LGT 145, and it turned out to be a
broken wire right where it went into the "potted" coil. I was able to
dig out enough of the potting compound to re-attach the wire, and it has
been working fine ever since.

There is a Jacobsen/Ford tractor group in Yahoo Groups, and you might
want to join that group to see what is available.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have
too little. -Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)