SV: [AT] The stuck crawler engine saga continues.

Mattias Kessen mattias at linderson-mark-bygg.se
Tue Dec 27 23:21:14 PST 2005

Your usual luck :-(

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Fran: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com]For DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Skickat: den 27 december 2005 17:09
Till: at at lists.antique-tractor.com
Amne: Re: [AT] The stuck crawler engine saga continues.

Larry, I know this sounds really dumb but did you put oil in the engine
before turning over.  It really sounds like something didn't get oiled
right
before you started turning the engine over.  It could be that the  cylinders
were
to dry and one or more stuck.  You can tell this by rocking  the crankshaft,
if you get any movement but the rods don't move up or down then  that's what
happened. If the crank doesn't move at all then look at the main  bearings,
one
or more may be seized up. Try dropping a cap to see what they  look like.

I once replace a leaking radiator on a big truck with oil coolers in the
bottom. The radiator guy sand blasted the radiator and filled both coolers
up
with fine grit. BUMMER lost both the engine and the tranny in what sounded
like
a large squealing pig.  the radiator guy quit the next week, I wonder  why.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460