[AJD] Re: Paint chart NEW

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Dec 26 17:55:24 PST 2005

Arthur, excellent suggestion. I believe just a plain USPS Priority Mail
envelope would accomplish the same thing at less postage but I don't know
how heavy the paint chip document is.

I use the USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes and boxes for shipping
quite a bit. In many cases a lot less expensive than UPS especially for
heavy items that are not so big or odd shaped. UPS rates are higher than can
be tolerated at times. Plus the Priority Mail gets to the destination much
faster.

UPS's real advantage, at times, is that the first $100 value is insured as
part of the shipment. USPS insurance is $1.30 for up to $50 and $2.20 for up
to $100.00. Changes the equation at times.

I have heard of others that absolutely refuse to use USPS due to lost
packages. But I sure haven't experienced that over more than 50 recent
shipments.  Knock on wood. Plus when shipping on line using the USPS Web
Site, "Delivery Confirmation" is free. I have heard making a claim over a
lost package with USPS is a real hassle. Haven't had to deal with
that....yet.

I was discussing these issues with my sons yesterday and one told me, by
law, UPS has to be higher priced than USPS.  I've not heard that before.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com