[AT] LED flashlights

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Dec 24 06:33:34 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald L. Cook" <rlcook at pionet.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group"
<at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] LED flashlights

> George Willer wrote:
> (snip)
> .  Maybe with a little luck
> > they will eventually replace those !#$%^& blue headlights that
increase
> > safety by blinding oncoming drivers!
>
> I would sure like to know who the heck made those blue headlights
legal.
>   I am with George on this.  As far as I am concerned, those things
are
> a real danger.
>
> Ron Cook
> Salix, IA

They are not legal. The Factory HID units are legal and they do have a
bluish tint to the halo but the "cool blue" types sold in stores are
NOT. They are installed by idiots who think the look cool. A factory HID
system produces real nice light and usually have self adjusters to keep
them from being a problem. Don't even start on the colored LEDs, Neon
lighting and strobes that are sold, they are ALL illegal to use on the
street.

Stave W.