[AT] chain crossover

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Thu Dec 22 17:50:14 PST 2005

John
I don't have the paperwork to verify yes or no but I ran into a similar
problem about a month ago.  I  could have ordered the specific chain and had
it shipped in but found some unidentified chain around the yard (big yard)
and called my supplier to check their interchangeability.  He couldn't tell
me but did tell me that if the pitch, roller, and width were the same to use
it.  We did and had no problem.

One chain came off of an ancient (only 1940's) Michigan TMTD 16 crane with
an unknown chain manufacturer, and went right on a 70's Drott 85 CarryDeck
crane.

John Parks
Boise, ID