[Farmall] Leaking cylinder head

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Thu Dec 22 07:47:20 PST 2005

Ed,
There is one concern that comes to mind on this situation and your fix.  I
think what you have done will probably take care of the problem OK.  If it
is sealing the sleeve to the head, you are in good shape.  I am a little
concerned that it may only be sealing the nut to the stud and allowing
coolant to leak into the space between the stud and the sleeve.  If so,
could it cause a problem later on?  Maybe rust that could make it very hard
to pull the head later on?

I haven't seen such a problem and am just speculating, wanted to bring it up
for consideration.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net