[AJD] JD Cast Iron

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 21 06:40:12 PST 2005

Well, a few people seemed to know about these JD skillets.  Thanks to those
who chimed in.  From what I can make out, they must've been a fairly recent
release, and since they were made in China, I wouldn't want one.  It's a bit
of a shame to see so many items wearing the JD logo these days, that really
have nothing to do with the company, and certainly don't have a good
reputation for quality.  Heck, actually some of the items that come from
Deere these days are nothing more than a piece of crap with the JD name,
take for instance some of their lawnmowers.  The last one I bought didn't
last 92 days before I had to take it into the shop.  And since it only had a
90 day warranty, I had to pay for the repair.  Finally, I kicked, screamed
and moaned to corporate, and they split the difference with me, but it sure
did turn me off from buying new Deere stuff.  I still like the antiques
though.  Anyways, I am a little off topic here, so I just want to wish
everyone a Happy Winter!  Today is the Solstice.  Happy Christmas and Merry
Holidays too!!   Troy