[AJD] When did the 6 x 9" OM's & PLB's replace DIR's for Styledtractors?

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 20:03:34 PST 2005

Dean,
FWIW, the Instructions and Parts List (IPL) DIR series was first replaced by
the 6x9 "Operator's Manual" December 30, 1944 for the B starting with 173179
and A starting with 550336.  Since they did not include a parts list any
longer, the 6x9  "Parts List" books started in January 1946 and were the
first to utilize the much favored "exploded parts" view.  They were not
widely distributed and were "placed in the hands of the owners only when
requested by the owner".  They were also initially color coded - A (brown),
B (green), D (different green), H (red), but that only lasted less than a
year.  They were replaced by the "Parts Catalog" we are familiar with in
September 1947.
Didn't know you were wondering.
Regards,
Duane Larson