[Farmall] back on topic

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 20 17:12:06 PST 2005

Before we venture too far off topic I thought I'd bring you guys up to date
on my "RED" project.

We almost thave the  Titan ready for a test drive. My fuel and water tanks
greatly resemble a a kitchen collander so we had to improvise to get this
thing mobile. We had a metal 5 gallon bucket with a valve soldered in the
bottom and a lid. All we had to do was add a hole for the return line. Next
came the coolant tank. Years ago we used single row Holland transplanters on
the Super A's. They had a 50 gallon barrell that laid on its side for a
water tank. It even has a flip top lid for filling like the Titan. We
log-chained this in place. We had to make a simple bracket to install the
new "fuel tank" where the original goes. Fired it up and got everything was
working well tonight. Now all I have to do is install the drive
chains---anybody know where I put the connector links I took out last
July?????

Gonna be an interesting test drive as both brake bands are rusted in half.
Anybody got a NHRA approved parachute to stop this speed demon????

By the way, there are a few of folks on this list who have been a great help
to me thus far. Since I didn't ask permission I won't name names. Matter of
fact, without their help, I wouldn't have accomplished near as much as I
have in bringing this tractor back from its 60 slumber. It sure is nice to
see what this list can collectively accomplish. Thanks guys!

Ok, thats what I've got red in the shop, anybody else working on

John Hall