[AT] Clutch parts for antique tractors

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Sun Dec 11 22:12:03 PST 2005

Friends, on Friday I went into the friendly clutch shopover in Salinas for
parts for one of our Oliver 77s (the WFE Super 77 Diesel.) I had an
interesting conversation with the proprietor. He cannot get the parts for
rebuilding most clutch discs, pressure plates and related items any more! He
can sell the pre-made ones, but the suppliers have moved their factories to
Mexico or elsewhere and will not sell parts in less than HUGE quantities on
the few who do sell the parts still. Fortunately the new clutch disc and
throwout bearing I needed he had in stock, but that still was rather
dismaying. Is this the case nationwide????
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California