[AT] Christmas Trees and Ships Plank Project nowLibertyShips -Jerry

Jerry Rhodes jlrhod at alltel.net
Wed Dec 7 20:12:10 PST 2005

Well normal running was 100 to 500 ft, working to 1300+ , in a real good
storm you may feel it at 500 ft but very little. When was you in? I was in
55' to 75' with 10 yrs in subs, last 2yrs in Mobil Tech Support Group, that
was why I was on the JFK, she had hyd problems (80% down time) with weapons
handling system, two of us were TAD (Temp Assigned Duty) to help the ships
crew get it working right, we were not to lay a hand on anything, just
advise, hehe ya, right, they had 121 people in the dept when we got there,
we recommanded cutting back to 55 and had them in school for 40 days (10
hrs/day 6 days a week) not one man had ant idea what hyds was..o well it was
a job..sorry for the rambling..
Jerry NW Ohio