[AJD] O/T 51 Ford F2 John Deere Service Truck

wwwayne johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Tue Dec 6 18:37:52 PST 2005

I have a 51 Ford F2 painted up like a John Deere Service truck that I decorated up to pull a Model L manure spreader float in last nights Christmas Parade in Brighton, Tn.  Half way through the parade it developed a rumble that progressed in sound and vibration until at the end of the parade there was terrible noises under the hood.  An inspection showed the fan support shaft bearing shedding black powder all over so I cut the fan blade and drove home.  In the shop this morning I removed the fan and support and disassembled it.  The bearing had turned to dust but it was a cast iron bearing that looked familiar.  Took an LUC fan support off the shelf and disassembled it and sure enough.  The LUC bearing was identical to the Ford bearing.  The shaft and housing were different but by swaping things around and cleaning up the fan shaft, it went back together as good as new.  So the Ford John Deere truck is now really Ford John Deere ready for saturday Christmas Parade in Munford.  Took 3rd last night and had a ball.  Heard JOHN DEERE all night long.
Merle Wayne