[AT] OT Christmas trees - Walt - George

TCHARPE at aol.com TCHARPE at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 19:55:53 PST 2005

         Hi George,

              Good to hear from you again.

              The plank project came off real well.   I managed to get  196
pieces salvaged
         from the stock that the Navy Historical Center sent to me.  That
turned out to be
         a tedious but pleasent job for me !  Ha !

              I took all of them to Branson MO for our Ship's reunion and
everyone had to
         have at least one.   I still have  80 pcs on hand that will be
advertised in our ship's
         newspaper this month and that will probably wipe out the remaining
pieces.  We
         only allowed one piece per family.

              We had  168 people at the reunion of which  68 were actually
shipmates,  the
         rest were family members and friends.  We had a real Super time !!

              Thanks for asking,

         Best regards,

         Ted