[AT] Have a safe Holiday!

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Dec 5 07:03:04 PST 2005

Mike,  on the years that we use a live tree I always worry about fire until
I can get it out of the house.  Then I enjoy watching it burn up in a flash
when it is safely in the burning pile.  However, the last 2 or 3 we have had
wouldn't burn.  I'm wondering if some growers are starting to treat their
trees with a fire retardant.   I'm serious when I say they wouldn't burn.
Even with diesel fuel poured on them, they would burn until all the fuel
burned up and then go out.

There are some tree farmers on the list I know.  Does anyone know if there
is a fire retardant that is being used?  The trees we use are good ole NC
Frasier Firs.

I'm still gonna be really careful with live trees.

Charlie