[AT] OT - Chevy Autotrac transmission question

badams at tractors.bloomington.in.us badams at tractors.bloomington.in.us
Sun Dec 4 11:25:36 PST 2005

Steve,
 	It's a 1998 Tahoe.  I Think this was the first offering of
AutoTrac.  If the clutches are shot is it just 2WD with extra stuff
spinning?
 	I was hoping for a 4WD ride through the winter that could pull
my trailer if needed while my '86 slant six Dodge gets it's 200,000 mile
Re...  For those of you who know the truck that doesn't include paint:)
 	I've avoided 4WD for 20 years because it seemed silly to move all
that stuff 15K miles a year to use it for 10-20 miles rather than wait a
day for the snow plow.  Our schedules and commitments have changed to the
point where I'm willing to tyr it.
 	Thanks again for your help.
Brice