[Farmall] Farmall Tractors & Friends

digger digger at i2k.com
Fri Dec 2 17:28:52 PST 2005

Mike:

I farmed with my famliy, until the last 10 years, pigs and grain (185 acres).  I am 56 years old, I have always been in excavating and farming (not a easy life in Michigan). Then you find yourself getting married, with responsiblities. I had cars as a teenager, rebuilding, painting racing, and going to jail for one of the above.  I installed a outside wood burner for my parents about eight years ago, recycling water, vast inprovement over the wood stove.  My father had a stroke and is under care at a old folks home.  I started restoring tractors about nine years ago, learned a lot the first five years.  I thought that I was alone in this line of thinking.  Then I found this site, I would'nt trade this for anything.  It's hard to figure out a problem on your own, in your shop, with no-one to help.  I read this column every night, and save the answers that I might use. I noticed that people are having problems with some of the subjects, I don't mind changing the subject once and awhile, so it really does'nt bother me.  I've been nervous about writing, but I guess I got my feet wet.  Some of the questions that are asked, I know the answer, but I know there people out there that are smarter than I am, so I just read the answers.  I am redoing a Farmall AV now, but I have a C that I have hydraulic problems with, that I will be asking for help, I hope I can get it.

Digger out