[Farmall] Posting Requests

keith murphy kmurphy777 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 19:16:38 PST 2005

Hi,

  I have posted a few times and have always received some great insight.  I love mechanical things and old tractors just trip my trigger. You folks have helped unbeleivably as I have struggled getting my 1941 IH Model H ready to lug around that 6 foot bush hog to mow my 30 acre farm.  I have a different job and that to me is one of my best days, just me and the tractor cutting the fields...  I live in Florida and have also been using the tractor to pull out Palmetto bushes...  Too much fun!

   In terms of proper postings, I agree with James - I just delete them.  For all the great things I have learned, a stray thread here or there is a small price to pay in my mind.

  Hope you can receive this in the spirit it was delivered in and I hope everyone has a happy RED Christmas!!!

  Regards,
  Keith

James Moran <jrmoraninc at yahoo.com> wrote:
  MS-
OK, that is fine. However, as far as my recollections go, nobody was offering up brownie recipes or suggesting a lively debate over the contrasted attributes of 2003 -v- 2004 White Zins. The material seemed to invariably gravitate to machinery and the products/things that allow them to (actually) be useful machinery.
I did not witness any of these sensitized souls insisting that groups cease and desist when it came to paying tribute to a recently departed member (name I can't recall, sorry).
There is a point here that, apparently, chooses to disguise itself. There are methods to categorize input (e.g., place into applicable files) so that those interested in "old style nets/bolts" or "oil weight options" can filter and pinpoint such search interests. Of course, the onerous responsibility of such categorization largely falls to a moderator who, I am just guessing here, has a life of his or her own.
Between outrage over having to sift through a few "errant" emails and the suggestion that "offing" gasoline thieves is in the national best interest, I am beginning to wonder....
JM
Mike Sloane wrote: This time of the year, Jim, things get a little slow on the tractor
front - the crops are all in, the shows are all memories, but the snow
hasn't started to fall (except up in Northern NY and MN), so the
conversations tend to wander a little. After a while, Spencer or someone
will jump in and suggest we get back "on track". As long as we keep it
civil and don't get into politics, religion, or that kind of thing, it
gives us an excuse not to have to put up Xmas decorations. :-)

Mike

James Moran wrote:
> I have been trying to follow the confrontation(s) that seem to be
> developing in terms of what information and/or topics are "suitable"
> as opposed to which are not. I, for one, don't see non-aligned
> themes showing up with any great frequency. If someone (a South
> American fellow, if memory serves) wishes to explore fuel theft,
> well, afterall, tractors and like equipment run on such fuel, so
> where is the great departure? As an example, I have noticed that
> there have been a series of posts addressing "old style" nuts and
> bolts. Should a completely separate and freestanding group be
> established for those specifially interested in such things? Then
> what? Should the site for the "nuts" be segregated so that their
> site does not get bogged down by postings from those pesky "bolts"
> people? I guess I don't get it. Me, I have developed the "skill set"
> to delete posts based upon the subject line. I may miss something
> now and then, but, at least, I don't don't go ballistic over some
> other person's exercising his/her right of free speech. JM
>
> Ferg8n9n at aol.com wrote: some of us a very busy, and don't have time
> for infinite drizzle. Please keep it relevant

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website:
Images:

"What is past is prologue." William Shakespeare (1564-1616)