[AJD] Another trivia question - Pre-Screeners?? New Data

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Dec 2 17:41:26 PST 2005

Ok, have picked up two more data points on this trivia question.

1.) Talked to my 78 year old brother. The round hole Pre-screener was on the
1957 520 when he bought it and he never changed it. No question in his mind
at all.

2.) Was looking through the new 2006 Steiner Tractor Parts Catalog today and
sure enough they have reproduction pre-screeners for sale. Both types -
Round hole and Stretched metal.

2 1/2" pipe size - Stretched Metal - Fits New Generation tractors

3" Pipe Size - Round hole - Fits 520-730 Replaces AR21789R

These two data points just confirm my present thinking that the round hole
version came first and is the one for the 2 cylinders. The eBay auction sure
confused things.

Funny side note when talking to my brother. I had spent way too much time
trying to find him an original 9 & 9W Mower Operators Manual but eventually
was successful. I gave him the original Operators Manual and a Parts Catalog
as a gift. Also while we were there I had purchased him a whole bunch of new
sickle blades for his mower as they were worn pretty badly. I asked him if
he had been successful getting the 9W to work good? Yep, put those new
blades on and now it works like a champ. Even cuts off steel fence posts!

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com