[AJD] Hood Bolts

Tom in N Texas tdulin at pulse.net
Fri Dec 2 07:14:52 PST 2005

Here's another way:

My Dad used to drill out as large as possible, then saw through the threads
in two or three places and pick out the remains with a dental pick. He made
the saw by narrowing a hacksaw blade with tin-snips. (The back edge of a
hacksaw blade is soft.) He made a handle from a short piece of pipe,
slitted and with a cross-screw clamp. Handles can be found at stores.

Works, I've done it too.

Tom in North Texas ----------------------------- At 03:37 PM 12/1/05 , you
wrote: Hi Boys , I wonder if you could help  me out . I know this has come
up before on the list, I have tried the EZouts , and it is not going to
work. . Can you take a touch to them, and blow them out, have any of you
boys tried that . Well let me know ok  .   Thanks !

Bill "Spud" Thompson Katahdin Valley Farm Sherman Mills, Maine
Tom in N Texas, KC5INU,  tdulin at pulse.net, "Nothing Runs like a JD MT Deere",
1949 John Deere MT, JD No. 50 Box Blade,  1954 JD No. 5 Sickle-Bar Mower,
1975 JD 214 Lawn Tractor, 1918-22 JD Dain Horse-Drawn Sickle-Bar Mower