[AT] Re: Chinese Iron

Larry Sikes larry at rockridgefarm.com
Fri Dec 2 05:21:35 PST 2005

I work for a large mutual fund company that Outsourced
most of our IS function to India and the hardware care and
feeding to Canada. It was supposed to save big bucks.
Now we have 5 times as many people doing the job half
as well. The interesting thing is that the wages in India
are doing what wages did here in the 70/80's. It is only a
mater of time till they will end up costing 5 to 10 times as
much as the people we got rid of with lower quality. Even
more interesting is to hear the upper management
constantly telling us what a great success this move was.
Time will tell but I think America will suffer greatly in the
next 20 years from all the importing and outsourcing.
We will become a dependent country.
We have a greedy upper class who wants to put as much
difference between themselves and the rest of us that it
will eventually destroy the American way.
We need to somehow form a viable third party to take
on the other 2 parties.
Tractor reference - All my old tractors were made in the
USA. My New Holland was made in Italy.

Larry Sikes
Rock Ridge Farm
http://rockridgefarm.com