[AT] EXCUSE ME.. PORTLAND?

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Aug 12 06:31:50 PDT 2005

On 12 Aug 2005 at 2:00, two4ac at earthlink.net wrote:

> Gene,
> Due to my ankle injury I will only be there on Friday, so I will not need a
> space.  Thank you for keeping me in mind.  I keep telling myself one day at
> Portland is better than none, but I will miss the camping.

	We will miss you (and several other regulars) this year. When I speak of "Portland" I am
really talking about the camaraderie of the campground...

>There is always next year.

	Ah, yes... the world motto of troubled farmers everywhere, "maybe next year"...

	I do definitely plan to be there but attendance is more at risk this year than ever
before... My mother is doing much worse in the mental department and unless she will
cooperate with treatment (meds) and get her behavior back in line, things could get
really messy very soon. She is driving the staff at the home absolutely bonkers. I just
tell them "welcome to my world of the last several years"... There is a whole bunch of
them and they get to leave at the end of their shift. There is just one of me...    :-)
	I really "need" Portland...   :-)   I am not sure what I will be bringing tractor-wise.
I had hoped to bring several with some implements to demo like last year (but without the
ankle deep standing water) but I don't think that will be possible. Almost everything
needs some minor repair or the other and I have been unable to work on them yet.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA