was Re: [AT] Gasoline $

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Aug 30 21:02:55 PDT 2005

This morning there were prices at $2.479.  This afternoon -- $2.629.
When I went inside to pay, the cashier said the price was going up to
$2.899 at 8:00 PM and would be $2.999 by tomorrow morning.  They're
supposedly watching the price changes very closely with regard to
timing.  There was comment on the local news tonight that there is a
limit of a 30-cent increase in 24 hours.  Your guess is as good as mine
as to how the price increase timing is determined and I don't know
whether it is a state or a federal regulation that's being referred to.
For that matter, I don't know if there's any truth in the price change
limit.

Larry