[AT] MF Clutch

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 19:03:59 PDT 2005

--- HaliganBar at aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion Mike. I hadn't considered
> the "flat level surface"
> part of the job.  I don't think my garage is deep
> enough to allow me to roll
> the back end out very far. I may have to scout out
> another location to do the
> job. Hmmmm.

Karl, Mike's suggestion is worth merit, I had to do
this one outside, not very flat ground, with a steel
plate to roll the jack on.  I really like your idea of
the frame but most people use jacks safely, remember,
the rear end can't go sideways, (there's these two big
training wheels, see?). :-)
Really, though, for a MUCH easier and safer feeling
job, a slab of concrete would be desireable.  Besides,
you only need enough room to reach in, turn a wrench,
and slide the clutch out.
Almost forgot the rear seal.  Probably need the pan
off, huh?  If so with the front of the tractor
supported on the loader, it shouldn't be an
unsurmountable job.
Dave
P.S. If the tractor doesn't roll well, the use of a
come-a-long is suggested, both out and back in.