[AJD] Test and question

Kevin Kropelin kropelin at netonecom.net
Tue Aug 30 14:52:04 PDT 2005

I have not rec any mail for the last 3 weeks is the list down?

Just wondering if any one can answer a question I have.

Last week I was going thru a local tractor salvage yard because I was looking for a flywheel to go on a new project tractor I am restoring. The tractor is a 1939 J D "H" hand start no electric serial number 10227.

What I found was 2 flywheels with the same casting number of H227R but they were not the same size.ie:one wheel was about two inches larger in diameter and about 1/2 inch wider at the hand edge.My question is which one would be the right one for me and why were there two different sizes made with the same casting number?

Thanks Kevin