FW: [AT] MF Clutch

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Mon Aug 29 23:02:22 PDT 2005

Karl,

This summer I got a good dose of Ford & Ferguson splitting.   I split an 8N
and a T020 between the engine and transmission and a T035 between the
transmission and the rear end.  If I am not mistaken the MF202 is quite
similar to the T035 and, while I did not split the T035 between the engine
and transmission I did read up a bit on what it would take to do it.

Assuming the MF202 is similar to the T035 you should not have to remove the
tank but merely loosen the two front screws and remove the two back screws
and then prop the tank up by placing a block of wood, etc on top of the
rocker arm cover - the tank stays with the engine (of course, the hood needs
to be removed first).

The dash and steering column can stay with the transmission.

One end of the drag links and radius arms needs to be disconnected.

Then, of course, the little stuff between the engine and transmission needs
to be disconnected; i.e.,

The heat indicator sending unit from the engine,

The battery cable to the starter,

The coil and generator wires,

The tach cable from generator,

The choke rod from the carb,

The oil gage line from the engine,

The throttle rod from the throttle handle,

The exhaust pipe from the manifold and

The front of the battery platform from engine.

I am not trying to make the job sound easy but (hopefully) maybe it will be
a bit easier than you are thinking.

Good luck -
Dudley
Snohomish, Washington