[AJD] wheel removal, impossible?? THANKS

kreig astroguy at nas.com
Mon Aug 29 19:39:08 PDT 2005

The pipe idea failed.    Made up a pice up pipe to slide over the axle and
welded a 1/2" plate to pound on, no success, no movement, nothing.

Heat did not work, lots of heat.

Giant wheel puller, no success.

Lots of  "penetrating" fluid, no success.

Pounding on the wedges, no success.

What happens to wheel beearings, seals, gears etc when pounding on the end
of the axle?

Kreig