[AJD] 1939 John Deere AW

J.R. Hobbs jrhobbs2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 17:18:28 PDT 2005

Kyle,

A 1939 "AW" is a pretty rare creature, since the 1939 Model "A" Series tractors were rather unique, being basically an unstyled "A" mechanically, with the styling features and with a number of parts unique to only the 1939 model year. Only 30 "AW" tractors were built in the 1939 model year.

JR

Kyle Sands <willys_46 at mail.com> wrote:
Hello guys - does anyone have an idea of how many AW's (factory adjustable wide front end) Deere produced in 1939? I don't think this is a particulaly rare model variation, but I have have only seen one other exactly like my grandfather's (even in pictures). I've seen several of the unstyled variety and of the late styled variety.

Any guesses?

Kyle Sands <>< Alexandria, MN