[AJD] wood plugs

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 18:30:37 PDT 2005

Kreig,

         You probably already have an answer to your question but if not, the holes are filled with cork.  A friend of mine, who worked for the local JD dealer during the late 50 and early 60's tells me that cork was used to fill those implement mounting holes when the tractors were shipped from the factory.

Ken Jones

kreig <astroguy at nas.com> wrote:
Working on and cleaning up the JD 50.

The wood plugs installed in the bolt holes on the rear axles are rotting
away and want to replace them.

What wood should I use? How to install? big hammer? or?

Thanks, kreig