[AT] OT- Adding USB ports

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Aug 22 19:28:43 PDT 2005

You can connect up to 60 devices up to ONE USB port. I have a machine
here that has about 10 devices connected up to a single port using one 4
port powered hub that has two other 4 port hubs connected to it. No
problems at all. I still have three other ports on the machine. One has
an extension cable on it so I can connect my digital camera or card
reader to it. The problem you may run into is if you connect a lot of
devices that require power from the hub, it may not have enough power
capacity to handle it, that is why I always opt for powered hubs over
passive ones.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York