[AT] RFDTV

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Tue Aug 16 20:27:11 PDT 2005

We have had DISH-TV for just under a year now.  It was several months
before we found RFDTV on there.  We found several shows we liked on there
(country/western and tractor specials).  Now that they have switched
programming, I think they should rename it the "all-horse
network."  Although most days they have cattle auctions all day (which to
me is also useless), we did fill out the survey and let them know we were
not happy with the new horse format.  I must admit, though, that the horse
people are probably the ones with the most money to spend on their sponsors.

On a related note, about 3 weeks ago they had a program called "Farming
with horses" which I thought would be great, but turned out to be a modern
way of cheating... the horses pulled all modern equipment powered by 4- &
6-cyclinder diesel units (running, for example balers and haybines).  Even
the hay-rake (a new-style one with bug wheels) had a battery-driven
hydraulic unit to fold it up for transport. The two old IH pull-type mowers
that they did show had been converted to the new-style knife & guards, and
the cutter bar was 8-ft. long.  I was so disappointed I turned it off after
15 minutes.  Enough said.

Greg Hass