[AT] Portland Handicap Permits

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Aug 16 20:12:58 PDT 2005

On 16 Aug 2005 at 20:45, Gene Dotson wrote:

>     I just did a quick calculation of the volunteer labor
> donated by the A.T.I.S. group and it comes to well over 100
> hours just from the tractor people who camp there. We have a
> large group who donates both monitarily and socially to the Tri
> State Club. We, at least I, attend meetings and meet personally
> with the directors, express our ideas and have helped in
> planning the changes for the new ground they have acquired.
>     It is true that areas are reserved by the directors ahead of
> time. I attend at least 1 work day each year and volunteer
> during the show. Avid volunteers are given favorable treatment
> as they should be. Normal work days have a turnout of between 50
> and 60 people to help prepare and maintain the grounds.
>     Our A.T.I.S. group now has 20 confirmed campers in the
> tractor area alone. Last year 12 of us helped the Girard Family
> by picking up and loading the oats for the threshing
> demonstration. I run my tractor on the thresher any time I have
> the opportunity.
>     We have a close working arrangement with the club and they
> know they can count on us any time they need help.
>     I, as wagonmaster, meet each year with the appropriate
> directors to assure them that we are here to help make their
> show a better one as best we can. George Willer started this
> close arrangement and I hope I can continue filling his shoes.
>     Perhaps we are a lot closer than other groups and it would
> be impossible to have each individual area reserved. If I were
> not with the A.T.I.S. group, I would make the trip to reserve my
> own area, or more likely go when I plan to stay and accept
> whatever arrangements were available.
>     I certainly do not wish to see people refuse to attend
> because of rules that are made for the majority of the people.
> Many rules are dictated by the insurance company. Try $100,000
> premium for this show. The rules make for a safer and less
> conjested show for all who attend.
>
>             gdotsly at loganrec.com
>
>     A.T.I.S. Wagonmaster, Gene Dotson

	I felt bad about missing the work day this spring but then my whole year has been messed
up. I do plan to be at the next years work day. We "really" enjoyed the Christmas dinner
last year even though there were problems to deal with when we got home. We tried to make
up a little for missing the work day by doing a lot of clean up after the spring swap
meet. Sadly a lot of folks just don't think they should have to clean up after
themselves.  At the Girard display at the show I at least try to stand around and look
pretty...   :-)
	I have been trying to bring more than just one tractor and last year I brought a couple
of implements, which should have had snorkles.   :-)   I also have hauled some stuff for
Scott Pike to Portland. I feel bad that I will probably not be able to bring some extra
stuff this year. Maybe next year... Maybe somebody else without too far to travel can
bring some extra stuff this year. I do like seeing tractors with implements at shows.
Without implements they are just big butt buggies.   :-)
	I tend to feel an obligation since I am only 2 hours away. Most of you guys are just too
far away to get too involved except for coming to the the show.
	I do want to express my appreciation again to Gene, George, folks like the Browns and
the others that have made ATIS's part of the show what it is now. I believe it is very
unique...

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. In America 100
years
before the revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA