[AT] Portland Handicap Permits

jfgrant jfgrant at triton.net
Tue Aug 16 14:40:48 PDT 2005

Cecil, and others who have responded. It's not the "gator issue" that is
keeping us from returning to Portland. I too have a rascal but my wife can
no longer walk any distance either so it made sense to me to use the gator
as we already had one. The camping issue is and was the main problem. Yes I
know I could have asked to join in and camp at the ATIS site but our rig is
a big one and as I have not be able to join in on any of the work days don't
feel it was right to horn in.
It is for sale by the way. A 2001 Coachman  31" w/ slideout.
 I too have seen many forms of transportation misused at Portland and other
shows as well. There is little that can be done with folks who are
inconsiderate to themselves as well as others. I have seen folks who are not
disabled using others transportation against all rules. I understand that
rules  are necessary and do not disagree. I just object to the unequal
enforcement and exemptions for "friends". (rant off (:>)
You folks have a good time and I hope the weather is not too hot or too wet
for the week. If I can get someone to drive down for a day I may try to
bring my rascal.(:>) and will try to meet some of you. John