[AT] diesel won't start

Jeff Green jd_green at swbell.net
Tue Aug 16 03:24:23 PDT 2005

Guys-

I have a Ford "Jayhawk" 1700.  It has a little 2 cyl diesel engine, and about all we ever have to do to it is turn the key and start it.

Since it was a little rainy yesterday, it was a good time for some maintenance.  Started her up, drove into the barn and changed the fuel filter.  Now she won't start.  No fuel coming out of the pressure side of the injector pump.  I can get it going with a little ether, but she won't stay running.  Could changing the fuel filter been that hard on the injector pump?  Is there some way to prime the pump on this thing that I am missing?

Thanks

Jeff