[AJD] Off Topic - Allis Chalmers & Brush Hog

Bus Driver mpmbd at yadtel.net
Mon Aug 15 15:04:00 PDT 2005

An overrunning clutch permits the mower blade assembly to turn, as it will,
as a flywheel without powering the tractor transmission when you depress the
clutch pedal. Folks have wound up going down embankments when the mower
powered the tractor. Live PTO on newer tractors eliminates this problem. I
did a mechanical restoration on an Allis B, really good starting and running
when all systems are "right". My mowing is with larger newer tractors. The
Farmall A is recommended for 4' mower and it is in the same power rating
range.