[AJD] Off Topic - Allis Chalmers & Brush Hog

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Mon Aug 15 10:43:58 PDT 2005

Luke

My dad has an AC B with a 4' rough cut mowerdeck.  We dont use it much at
all except to move a trailer every now and then...We did mow with it twice
and it did a fair job to knock the big stuff down and it had enough power
(lack of live pto hurt..)  Dad has had it for sale for a while, but has
not been beating the bushes to move it yet...we could use the space in the
garage to get the Super H in to redo.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/EngineEquip/Dads.htm

Steve

--- Luke Tonneberger <jdgp1930 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the off topic post. Since it is so slow I thought I'd throw this
out there. I have a 1940 Allis Chalmers B that has a PTO shaft out the
rear. I'd like to get a brush hog to pull behind it so I can mow the
approx 5 acre field a few times a year with it.  I'd like to get a 5 or 6
footer and won't be cutting any brush with it, just weeds. I found this
site that gives a hp rating:

http://www.tractordata.com/td/td3.html

Would my Allis Chalmers have enough power to run a 5 or 6 foot brush hog
for cutting weeds and no brush?

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA