[AT] Vermeer big round balers?

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 06:01:25 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/14/2005 7:44:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com writes:

My first  baler was a Vermeer, one of the first ones out. It did a nice job
on  alfalfa, but I could not bale straw with it. I could never get even 1
bale  of straw through it. The straw would build up in the front of the
machine  and not enter the chamber.

I had a 605 A.  The first model produced.  It had a continuous  wide belt on
the bottom.  If the straw was too dry, it would not start a  core.  I put weld
beads across the steel rollers to grip the straw and then  baled it when
everyone said it was too wet.  I learned to bale wet hay with  this baler, and
have baled right behind the swather many times.    Folks around here tend to wait
too many days until the hay is just powder dry  before baling.  I like it
with some moisture.  Never had a problem  with horses eating moldy hay either....

Cecil in OKla