[Farmall] Paint Questions

Jim Kordick jkor1 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 18:28:00 PDT 2005

To the group:

My boy and I have stripped down a Farmall 'H', with intention of painting
(possibly Labor Day weekend).

We have sandblasted and wire brushed the majority of it.  We used some paint
stripper on the hood sections.

The tires are still on the rims, but are off the wheels.  The tractor is
sitting on blocks on the
wheels.  Getting the rim clamps off proved to be quite an experience.  Some
of the bolts had
to be drilled out and torched out.

I have read different sources about painting, but wanted to get some input
from the group.
This is going to be our first by ourselves.

Any suggestions on de-greasing, cleaning (laquer thinner?), priming, and
paint types.  We have a CaseIH dealer close, so I do have a source for red
paint.  We have seen a video from J+D Productions on painting but are just
looking for more suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Kordick
2964 260th St.