Alt fuels was Re: [AT] Gasoline $

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Aug 12 23:34:15 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Walker" <alwalker at gvtel.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group"
<at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:17 AM
Subject: Re: Alt fuels was Re: [AT] Gasoline $

> charlie hill wrote:
>
> > What does E85 sell for?
> >
> This thread has progressed quite a bit since I forgot to check prices
> yesterday. Interesting to say the least.  Well, this morning E-10 was
> selling for 2.379, E-85 was 2.069.  On road diesel was at 2.499 and
Off
> road diesel at the pump was 2.169.  On the way home from work, I
noticed
> that E-10 was up to 2.449.
>
> This thread has discussed differences between petroleum fuels that we
> have to buy from overseas and alternative fuels that we can produce
> here.  We have invested decades engineering engines and engineering
the
> production of fuels from petroleum.  How much effort have we put into
> the engineering of ethanols and biodiesels.  How much effort have we
> expended on fine tuning our engines and fuel systems to use a
different
> fuel.  Various crops have been discussed relating to their oil content
> etc. How much research have we done to find crops that produce even
more
> oil. Have we used our ability to genetically manipulate plants to
> achieve such "new" varieties.  I think work is definitely in progress,
> but we have a ways to go. Perhaps there might still be a future for
> small family farms again. Perhaps that Allis-Chalmers fuel-cell
powered
> tractor might become feasible after all.  Can we do it?  Yes, we can !
> Al in NW Minnesota

There is a lot of research into other fuels. The problem is they have
yet to find one that is cost effective and available country wide. Take
away all the money that people are given to buy all of these
"alternative" fuel vehicles and charge the full price and you will get a
BIG shock. The Prius would be selling for 53,000.00.

http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=8108
http://www.sepp.org/NewSEPP/Ethanol%20Scam%20-%20Prather.html
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/Saveonacar/P125241.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E85