[AT] Re: Gas and Diesel Costs

Dallas and Kathy pinecrestdairy at acsnet.com
Fri Aug 12 08:20:24 PDT 2005

I  just called to have my farm diesel tank filled. #2 is $1.99 .9 ruby Red is $202.9 Another supplier was $2.14.9 Soy diesel is $ .02 per point higher. 2% cost $ .04 extra It should be less for soy, but I guess it doesn't work that way. Unleaded gas for the farm is $2.33.9. Farmers can hardly afford the high fuel prices, so very little soy diesel is being sold, according to my supplier. The commercial fertilizer prices were record high this last spring because of the oil prices. Maybe it will be unaffordable this next spring. Well, if farmers cannot afford fertilizer, yields will be down and we will get a decent price for our corn and beans. We are in northwest Iowa.  Dallas