Alt fuels was Re: [AT] Gasoline $

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Aug 11 07:43:37 PDT 2005

Believe what you want, I know folks who have run alcohol in there
engines and got half the mileage in the vehicle. I have run it in race
engines and know how much power I lost in them over gasoline as well.
 In a vehicle you need to dump 40% more alcohol through the injectors to
achieve a mix that will burn well enough to power a vehicle. Then take
into account that alcohol in an engine only produces 64% of the HP that
gasoline does and you get to see the reality.

Production costs for alcohol DO get government help right now as do any
other "alternative fuels" You are also close to a production point and
the lack of transportation costs also keeps the price artificially low.
As does a lack of demand for alcohol as a fuel. The last 55 gallon drum
I bought cost me 213.97 + shipping.

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/alcohol.htm
http://www.aiada.org/article.asp?id=43492
http://www.pennsylvaniagasprices.com/Forum_MSG.aspx?master=1&category=1056&topic=130249&page_no=1