Alt fuels was Re: [AT] Gasoline $

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Wed Aug 10 14:35:34 PDT 2005

Ken,

A reactor is the only way that hydrogen could possibly be produced to fuel
the miracle vehicles many  (on other sites) have been promoting.  Hydrogen
fuel cells are really a way to store energy produced elsewhere.  (There can
never be wells producing hydrogen, as many seem to forget).  The waste
shouldn't be a problem... just bury it in the same hole the uranium was dug
from!!!!

A friend (and mentor) many years ago was searching for a crop that could
produce the fuel he would need with enough density to move his farming
operation to a third world country.  He's no longer with us, but I remember
his first choice... yams.

If you could produce and install enough solar panels with high enough
efficiency (1KW per square meter), Arizona would freeze over!

I just came back from a trip to TSC, and on the way passed the boondoggle
project... a natural gas fired power plant under construction on my great
grandfather's farm.  I still remember all the back slapping all the big-wigs
gave each other over landing such a worth while project.  Can you say first
magnitude stupid?

George Willer