[AT] Gasoline $..what's in the future?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Aug 10 17:33:21 PDT 2005

Steve:

That is the primary reason I selected the 7.3L Ford Diesel instead of the
newer 6.0L Diesel. That was 1993 when the choice was still available. From
1994 model year trucks on that choice disappeared with the 6.0L the only one
available. Many unhappy 6.0L owners would be very happy to own a 7.3L engine
instead. As I recall the 6.0 had to turn at least 1,000 RPM's higher to
produce the same torque as the 7.3L or something close to that. My simple
logic is there are only so many revolutions in an engine before they wear
out. And slow is better than fast to extend engine life. Ala, the old JD Two
Cylinder engines.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290