[AT] Gas / tire pressure

joehardy at epix.net joehardy at epix.net
Wed Aug 10 14:29:38 PDT 2005

George & everyone... One important, simple, fuel saving action is to check (measure)) your tire pressure often and keep it at recommended levels. A visual check or a thrust from your foot, (as I often do), is not sufficient these days! Also; since I live in the hard coal region, I'm considering using coal to heat my house this winter. As a result of doing some preliminary $ analysis, I feel I could reduce my heating bill by half, (from using oil) this winter and a 4 year payback by installing a coal stoker. I talked to my oil man recently and he said its going to get ugly when winter arrives because many customers have not paid their bills from last year so he has orders not to begin filling oil into their tanks until he has the cash in his hands! This winter will be interesting!
Joe Hardisky
Ryman Farm,  Dallas, PA