[Steam-engine] The Groton arrives in Loveland, Colorado

George Erhart g_erhart at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 06:39:52 PDT 2005

I posted a message some time ago that I was moving to Colorado. Well, the move is done and we will spend the next few months unpacking. My father-in-law trucked the Groton from Ohio to our new house in Loveland. We snapped a few photos of the unloading:

http://photos.yahoo.com/g_erhart

Go to the "Groton En..." photo album.

My father-in-law commented that the trip took extra time because people kept stopping him to talk about the engine. In Kansas, several cars followed him into a hotel parking lot ... it took him an hour just to get from the truck to the registration desk.

It will be a while before the engine gets steamed up again. My honey-do list is a mile long and the Groton is not currently on it. I look forward to meeting other engine owners out here in Colorado ...

George Erhart
Loveland, CO