[AT] OT: - Now edible soybeans

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Aug 8 04:38:39 PDT 2005

It's hard to beat a good ole Kentucky Wonder for a good eating bean.

Our farm here in eastern NC is very sandy land.  Before the days of
intensive use of herbicide (instead of plows) we used to have a really
prolific crop of field peas that came up on their  own in any land we left
laying out.  They make pretty good ground cover and pretty good eating if
you grew up on them.  I doubt if they would taste that good to someone used
to modern hybrid beans.

Charlie